This is a question that gets asked a lot when it comes to buying sunnies or glasses online or even when it comes to getting a hair cut! We wanted to explain in easy English how you can do this?
ALL YOU NEED IS A MIRROR! Yes, that could be your phone in selfie mode!
So let's get started. Stand at a mirror or turn on selfie mode and pull back your hair (if you have any for the men reading this) and look at your face and follow these steps and take note.
Step 1: What's the widest part of your face?
- Forehead: A wider forehead can be filed under the oval category, especially if its width tapers toward the chin.
- Cheekbones: Face shapes that are widest at the cheekbones are typically a round face shape,
- Jaw: If your jaw is the widest part of your face, you have a square face shape. In this case, the forehead, cheeks, and jawline are almost equal in width you might have a heart or oblong shaped face.
- Move on to step two to confirm.
Step 2: What's the shape of your jaw?
- Round: Got a rounder jaw? They are often associated with a round face shape so if the length of your face is similar to the width, you can feel confident that you're working with a round face. If the length is noticeably longer than your face is wide, it may be oval.
- Square: A strong jawline usually means a square face shape. If yours is angular, but your chin isn't particularly pointy, this is very likely your shape. If you face is longer but everything else is pretty much a simliar size then you have an oblong face shape.
- Pointy: Consider your face heart shaped. This face shape strongly tapers toward the chin.
Step 3: What's the length of your face?
- Short: All signs point toward the round face shape, as long as you're not particularly angular at the jawline.
- Long: You probably have an oval face, but you may be oblong if your Forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are similar in size.
Now that you know your face shape picking hairstyles, sunglasses & glasses honestly becomes a lot easier.
Why not check out some styles and types of sunnies/glasses that would fit your style CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW